Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Best sound recorder?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member johnpaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 1st, 2001
    Posts
    10
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    I'm looking for a crystal sync sound recorder. Can any recommend one in terms of: quality, price, portability, and ability to be digitized? Are there any to avoid? Thanks.

    JP

  2. #2
    Inactive Member rollemfilm's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 1st, 2000
    Posts
    437
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I use the Marantz PMD650 mini disc. I would go to
    the Film Group web page to read on some of the various recorders:
    members.aol.com/fmgp
    They list many cassette recorders also. The way you
    plan on finishing your film will depend on what recorder
    will work best, and, your budget. I have also used the
    Sony Pro-Walkmans. Great recorders if you can find
    them.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Nigel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2000
    Posts
    1,668
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have a Nagra reel to reel that I love. I also use DAT and MiniDisc. So I guess it is wide open. Good luck

  4. #4
    Inactive Member #Pedro's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2000
    Posts
    266
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I use the crystal synced Sony WM-D6C. I bought it at ebay for $150. It is easy to carry with in the one-man-team and has a superb recording quality (Dolby C).
    The main advantage is the pitch control dial and the possibility to adapt it to AV (3rd head for pulse or timecode or pilot recording and playback, external motor control for sync-transfer to film stripe)
    For my opinion, the sound quality is as good as digital. But there isn?t any digital device with AV possibilities.
    Pedro

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •